Pages

Saturday, February 26, 2011

Outfit Idea: Art/Foodie Event

So last night I attended an art/food event. It was a great time featuring some of Denver's top restaurant chefs in a cooking demo/competition along side a cocktail party. Great food at a cocktail party... this was my kind of event!

Of course when I found out I was going to this event my first thought was "What to wear?!". I recently found a fabulous sequin top from Ann Taylor Loft that was majorly on sale and I knew that this must be the statement piece of my outfit for the event. Side note: I have been obsessed with the sequins trend and can't seem to get enough of the sparkle :).

So once I had my statement top I knew that I needed the rest of my outfit to be clean and simple with minimal accessories. As you see below I paired the top with black dressy cropped pants (from the Gap, these are a definite staple) and simple black heels. As far as jewelry goes I went with a cocktail ring and earrings, there was no need for a necklace with this top.

This can be a great look for an upcoming event where you don't need to go super dressy, but still want to be dressier than jeans. Let me know your thoughts!






4 comments:

  1. Love Love!!! Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awe thanks Les!!! I love my sparkles :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Outfit looks great! Wish I had been there :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. So awesome to see you yesterday! I am LOVING the blog; your three fave things are the same as mine! :) Your new Stella & Dot jewels are going to be awesome additions to your wardrobe!! xoxo Amy McDowell

    ReplyDelete