Pages

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Double Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies

Well these may be the most delicious cookies that I've ever made (and my Dad seconds that claim!). I had a craving for peanut butter cookies, then I decided that I must add oatmeal because that just makes them seem slightly healthy right?! :). To top that off I remembered that I had a bag of the Reese's peanut butter chips to add a special twist to a great cookie recipe that I got from a cute blog, Pink Parsley.

I hope you make these soon and tell me what you think, they will for sure be a regular in my house!

Recipe
(Adapted from Pink Parsley)

  • 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
  • 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 8 Tablespoons unsalted butter,at room temperature
  • 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup granulated sugar
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar, packed
  • 1 large egg
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
  • 2 cup quick-cooking oats
  • 2 handfuls of Reese's Peanut Butter Chips
Directions

Throw all of the wet ingredients (butter, peanut butter, sugars, egg, vanilla) in a bowl and mix together with a standing mixer or hand mixer. Add the dry ingredients (flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt) and mix together thoroughly. Next stir in the oats with a spatula. Lastly add the chips and work them through the dough with your hands. Roll into balls and bake at 350 degrees for about 10 minutes or until light golden brown (I like to leave them a little doughy).

1 comment:

  1. I am definitely trying these out. Peanut butter and Reeses?! How can you go wrong? Thanks for the recipe!

    ReplyDelete