Pages

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Palisade Wineries

If you haven't been to Palisade, CO (near Grand Junction) for a day of wine tasting and winery tours I highly recommend it for a fun weekend getaway! I am lucky to have one of my best friends living and working in the area which allows me to get there a few times a year and visit the various wineries. You can go at any time of the year and it is of course beautiful in the summer and early fall when the vineyards are lush. We went this weekend and were able to go tasting at a few that I have never been to.

My two favorites that I want to share are Canyon Winds Winery and Reeder Mesa Vineyards. The tastings at both places were truly a treat with amazing wine and great customer service. Many of these wineries are family owned and they are so appreciative and welcoming of guests. I was excited to pick out various types of wines at each to bring home for holiday dinners and parties.

I love that we have a unique getaway like Palisade close to Denver. Not only is it beautiful with great wine and fun, the people are wonderful. I hope you can plan a weekend there and if you want recommendations on which wineries to tour I would love to give you my recommendations!

No comments:

Post a Comment