Pages

Saturday, January 29, 2011

Outfit Idea: Day to Night Look #1

If you're like me you have those mornings when you are literally staring at your closet before work in a sleepy daze of what the perfect outfit for the day would be. Many times I'm looking for the an outfit that can work for both the work day and after work fun of a happy hour, dinner date, etc. Maybe you'll need to add a few accessories and refresh your make-up, but overall if the basic outfit can work for both parts of your day it just makes life easier. I'm going to start doing a series of posts around the "day to night" look that will hopefully give you some good ideas to make your mornings easier.

Look #1 below is super simple and functional, yet fun. I'm lucky in my job that I get to wear jeans to work, but if that's not the case for you you could simply swap in a pair of dressy skinny pants (I like Gap's skinny black pant option) or change into a pair of skinny jeans after work.

For this look you will need the following:
-Skinny jeans or other type of dark, dressy jeans. (I'm wearing J Crew's matchstick jeans)
-Dressy cami or tank (this is a key piece of the night look)
-Blazer (I used one that is part of a suit but any blazer would work... this is perfect to keep a professional look for work)
-Booties or fun pumps (I just got these booties on sale at DSW and LOVE them)
-Long, decorative necklace (Forever 21 is your best friend for this)





This looks is great because you can easily mix it up with different tanks, jewelry and shoes for a variety of outfits!

No comments:

Post a Comment