Pages

Sunday, January 9, 2011

Workout DVDs

I have become quite the fan of fitness DVDs in the past year or so. I have found them to be the perfect motivation for those days that are too cold to go outside or you're just not feeling like leaving the house to head to the gym or yoga studio. They are a great way to get diversified, quick workouts in from cardio to yoga to sculpt or dance.

I have tried to gather a variety of DVDs and figured as I work out to them this year I'll try to give you a quick review on my thoughts in case you are looking to add to your workout routine.

The first set that I bought was the Elle Magazine Make Better fitness DVDs. This set includes three different DVDs with two 25 minute workouts each. The three DVDs include cardio, sculpt and yoga. So total you have six different workout routines that you can mix and match as you please. I love doing 25 minutes of a cardio workout paired with 25 minutes of sculpt.

The series includes three different fitness trainers along with model Brooklyn Decker to go through each of the workouts. The only equipment you will need are hand weights and a yoga mat for the yoga DVD.

Today I did the full cardio DVD (50 minutes) and got a great workout on a snowy afternoon where I wasn't super motivated. The great thing about this cardio workout is that they make sure to move your heart rate up and down helping burn calories and tighten up.

If you want more info on these the website is: http://www.ellemakebetter.com. I would definitely recommend them as a great, versatile (and affordable) set of workouts that give you a worthwhile workout at home.

No comments:

Post a Comment