Pages

Monday, May 30, 2011

Lunch for the Week

I like to use Sundays as a time to get a couple meals together to carry me through the week and keep me from eating lunch or dinner out too often. One item I like to throw together is a fresh salad where I incorporate some type of bean or grain. For this I will use things like garbanzo beans, quinoa, tabbouleh, etc and then add in any veggies that I have on-hand. From there I usually drizzle with olive oil, salt and pepper. Throughout the week you can use this salad as your base and mix it up. For one meal add in tuna, another meal you can stuff a pita or atop spinach leaves.

The salad I made below consisted of garbanzo beans, celery, cucumber, onion and tuna. I put the mixture over kale leaves and topped with feta for a delicious and healthy meal.







Let me know what combinations you try!

1 comment:

  1. Yuuummmmm.... just tried this out and it is delish! I used Quinoa, garbanzo beans, red and yellow bell peppers, yellow squash and tomatoes served over mixed greens. Looking forward to having this with some hummus and pita for lunch tomorrow. Thanks for the idea!

    ReplyDelete