Pages

Sunday, August 28, 2011

Healthy Pancakes?!

Happy Sunday! I woke up early feeling rested and energized! I think I have finally caught up on sleep just in time for a crazy week to start :).

I haven't been home on the weekends to cook very much recently so I wanted to make something a little more special for breakfast today. One of my favorite blogs is The Fitnessista... she has great fitness ideas and nutritional recipes. Today I tried her Protein Pancakes and they were delicious! I made a few adjustments below.

I'm so excited to have a healthier, nutritious pancake that is quick and easy to make! This is something you could easily whip up at night before bed and cook quickly in the morning for work.

Protein Pancakes
(Adapted from The Fitnessista)
  • 1.5 Tablespoons of vanilla protein powder (I like Whole Foods whey protein)
  • 2 Tablespoons whole wheat flour
  • 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
  • 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
  • Pinch of nutmeg
  • Pinch of salt
  • 1 egg white
  • 1/4 cup vanilla almond milk (use whatever milk you like)
  • 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
Directions:
Whisk together the dry ingredients in a small bowl. Add in the egg white, almond milk and vanilla. Heat up a skillet, cook and enjoy with your favorite toppings (try almond butter and agave syrup... amazing!).


No comments:

Post a Comment