Pages

Sunday, October 17, 2010

8 Mile Training Run with my Running Buddy

About three weeks to go until my first half marathon! I'm a little nervous and have been trying to make sure I get enough training in, especially with a long run each weekend. I have been loosely following Hal Higdon's training plan, but mix in my own workouts of yoga, cardio, weights, etc to even out all of the running.

Today I ran 8 miles and it was good, but tough! I'm so glad that I have a great training buddy (my brother's dog Winston). A 2 year old high energy lab is just what I need to keep myself going. It does make it so much more fun to have a happy training partner that is loving every mile.

Next weekend will be 9 miles... I'll keep you posted!

3 comments:

  1. Great looking pup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw - such a cute picture! He would be a great running buddy. Think you'll even tire him out?

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. maybe you should try and get Winston's owner to join you on the run...

    ReplyDelete