Pages

Sunday, October 24, 2010

Yoga Sculpt

Yoga has became an important part of my health and fitness routine. I love mixing it in with the higher impact, strenuous cardio workouts like running, biking and hiking. It's a nice way to give my joints a breather and turn the focus towards strength and flexibility.

I have enjoyed trying several different types of yoga, but my favorite go-to class is yoga sculpt. If you haven't tried it, sculpt is a high-intensity class that combines yoga, weights and cardio (along with pop-type music to get you going... think Lady Gaga, Rihanna, etc). You will find yourself doing many of the normal yoga postures but with dumbbells in hand. The other part I love is that most of the moves combine upper and lower body workouts. For instance you will be doing squats and bicep curls at the same time.

The class is definitely a bootcamp type workout which I think the athlete in me really enjoys. It's nice having a "coach" pushing you to keep going while having your fellow yogis going through it with you as well.

I take my sculpt and other yoga classes at CorePower Yoga and have had a great experience at many of their studios around town.

Tell me about your yoga practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment