Pages

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Breakfast Smoothie

I have been on a major smoothie kick the last few months and make one for breakfast almost every morning. I love that I can take them on the road with me to work or have one before a morning workout to fuel up. I have tried many ingredients and variations including adding spinach to get a serving of veggies in first thing in the morning. It sounds a little scary but the fruit really masks the taste. I also throw in flax seed for fiber and protein powder. Below is the recipe that I am loving right now. Give it a try and let me know what you think!

Recipe:

1 banana chopped
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
1 cup frozen berries (I use whatever frozen fruit I have on hand or that I can get a good deal on)
2 Tbsp. ground flax seed
1 scoop vanilla whey protein powder
1/2 - 1 cup almond milk (if you like a thicker smoothie use less milk)
1 handful fresh spinach

Directions:
Throw everything in, blend and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment