Pages

Friday, October 22, 2010

Peanut Butter Cups + Brownies = Perfection

There are times when I want to make a fancy, gourmet dessert and there are other times that I want something fast and simple especially after a big, filling dinner. In my mind there is no better combo than chocolate and peanut butter. It helps that I LOVE peanut butter (it's probably my favorite food) and who doesn't love chocolate? I saw this dessert while browsing Katie Lee's site and love how simple yet decadent it is.

All you need is your favorite box brownie mix (with any ingredients that it calls for... usually oil, eggs and water) and peanut butter cups (I used Reese's). I have made this dessert for a dinner party with the girls as well as for my Dad's birthday dinner. Serve warm, with ice cream and your guests will love it!

Peanut Butter Cup Brownies Recipe
(from Katie Lee)

1 box brownie mix
16 peanut-butter cups (like Reese's)

Prepare brownie-mix batter according to package instructions. Pour half of the brownie batter into a 9-inch by 9-inch baking dish.

Top with peanut butter cups (see picture below). Spread the remaining half of the brownie batter evenly over peanut-butter cups. Bake according to package instructions. Let cool completely, and then cut into squares.

1 comment:

  1. This is pretty much one of the best deserts I've ever had. No joke!

    ReplyDelete